Bargaining Update #8 — September 22, 2011
After nearly a year of actions on campuses across the state, pushing the UC Regents and exercising our political power in Sacramento, AFSCME 3299 members forced UC not only to honor our contracts but also won more improvements.
Our perseverance paid off. UC wanted a blank check for our benefits but we achieved all our demands by securing guaranteed wage increases and winning stronger protections for our members in the future.
2011 & 2012 – 3% Raises Guaranteed for SX & PCT:
Service Workers: October 1 raises NOT budget dependent
Patient Care: FULL RETRO to 1/1/11, including overtime
Protections for Low-Wage Workers:
Not only protected, but INCREASED STATEWIDE MINIMUM WAGE for Service Workers to $13.70 (10/1/11) & $14.42 (10/1/12) to keep lowest wage workers from dipping below agreed to minimum wage because of increased benefits costs.
Healthcare Cost Caps:
STRONG CAPS ON HEALTHCARE INCREASES for 2012. Stopped UC from shifting more cost onto Service workers in 2013.
Pension contribution of 1.5% in July 2011 and 1.5% in July 2012.
- Missed PCT pension contributions deducted from retro checks
- Missed SX pension contribution spread out over several months
We will talk about potential pension changes before full contract negotiations to be better prepared.
No wage re-openers for the life of the contract.
Congratulations to everyone who fought to hold UC accountable to honoring our contract & stayed strong!
Details of 2011 Wages and Benefits Tentative Agreement
Details of 2011 Wages and Benefits Tentative Agreement – English [PDF]
Details of 2011 Wages and Benefits Tentative Agreement – Spanish [PDF]
Details of 2011 Wages and Benefits Tentative Agreement – Chinese [PDF]
- VICTORY: Guaranteed Wages, Benefits Protections & Contract Improvements
- Bargaining Update #8 – September 22, 2011: Actions Push UC to Honor Contracts & More
- Thousands of Workers Say… “No Cuts!”
- Thousands of AFSCME 3299 Members Fight Back Against UC’s Cuts!
- Bargaining Update #6 – May 2, 2011: Survey Results: Members ready to fight to protect benefits!
- Bargaining Update #5 – April 25, 2011: Take Two Actions To Fight For A Secure Retirement
- Bargaining Update #4 – March 21, 2011: Picket Draws over 1,500 throughout UC system!
- Bargaining Update #3 – March 16, 2011: Don’t Let UC become the next Wisconsin!
- Bargaining Update #2 – December 16, 2010: UC proposes pay cuts for pension
- Bargaining Update #1 – November 18, 2010: Healthcare Negotiations Update
- Pension Bulletin: UC’s Benefit Choices
- Pension Bulletin: Wages and Pension Under Attack!
- Pension Bulletin: The $2,000 Paycut .