The terms “you” and “User” as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this website for any reason.
Website Usage; Information Collection
When you visit this AFSCME 3299 website, we automatically obtain information about your usage, including, for example, the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and type of computer that you are using, the website that referred you to us, the pages you view and the date and time of those page views. We use this information on an aggregate basis to gather data about activity on this website, which we use to improve the usefulness of the website. We do not use this information on any kind of individual basis. We do not collect or store personally identifiable information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address or phone number, unless you provide that information.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
AFSCME 3299 provides opportunities for you to provide your contact information in order to engage in AFSCME 3299 activities such as online activism, to correspond with AFSCME 3299 or to submit a testimonial (i.e., share your story). Any information we collect, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, type of request you are making and any additional information you provide, is collected and stored by AFSCME 3299. The information is used to fulfill your request and track aggregate information about usage of these features.
AFSCME 3299 makes every effort to ensure the secure collection and transmission of your sensitive information using industry-accepted data collection and encryption methodologies, such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
AFSCME 3299 does not sell your personal information to any third party.
AFSCME 3299’s Sharing and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We will use your e-mail address to communicate with you about our activities, unless you opt-out from receiving such messages. We also will use your e-mail address for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major website changes and sending messages related to the campaign. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, you may opt out of receiving future information via e-mail by using the unsubscribe procedures described below.
When you send e-mail or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
We use both your personally identifying information and certain non-personally identifying information (such as anonymous usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality of your user experience and the design of the website and to create new features, functionality and services by storing, tracking and analyzing user behavior, preferences, trends and actions.
Opting Out of E-Mail Lists
People who subscribe to e-mail lists via the website will receive periodic updates from AFSCME 3299 by regular mail, fax or e-mail. You may opt out of receiving future information via e-mail by using the unsubscribe procedure specified on the e-mail message or by sending an e-mail message with the name of the list you are a member of to: email@example.com.
AFSCME 3299 has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information within our control. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We use SSL encryption to protect the transmission of information you submit to us when you use our secure online forms. Please recognize that if you send us an e-mail, the information contained in the e-mail is not secure against interception. So if your communication includes sensitive information, such as your credit card information or Social Security number, and you prefer not to
use one of our secure online forms, contact us by mail or by telephone rather than by e-mail.
Corrections/Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes (such as your ZIP code), or if you wish to have your information removed from our database, contact us and we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that personal data provided to us.
Links to Other Websites
Opinions expressed here and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of AFSCME 3299.
The terms “you” and “User” as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this website for any reason.
- AFSCME 3299 Permissions and Restrictions
- (a) You do not collect any personally identifiable information of others, including user names or e-mail addresses, from the website.
- (b) You may not use any of AFSCME 3299 websites in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- (c) You do not use the website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of AFSCME 3299. You agree not to transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited advertising, promotional information, bulk e-mail or other solicitation. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the website with respect to their user comments.
- (d) You do not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the website or our sites or servers (or networks connected to our website), including, without limitation, the following activities: (i) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (ii) attempting to interfere with communication to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to this or any AFSCME 3299 site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing” or ”crashing”; or (iii) transmitting or otherwise making available any content containing any “virus,” “worm” or “trojan horse” or any other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. AFSCME 3299 will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
- (e) You do not use or launch any automated system, including, without limitation, “robots,” “spiders” or “offline readers,” that accesses the website in a manner that sends more request messages to AFSCME 3299 servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online Web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AFSCME 3299 grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials but not caches or archives of such materials. AFSCME 3299 reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- (f) You do not alter or modify any part of the website.
- (g) You do not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to a person or entity on or through the website or its communication systems.
- (h) You do not transmit or otherwise make available on or through the website any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, violent, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or potentially libelous or inflammatory, as solely determined by AFSCME 3299.
- (i) AFSCME 3299 reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect of the website at any time, for any reason and without notice to you.
- (j) AFSCME 3299 reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user’s access to the website, without prior notice and at AFSCME 3299’s sole discretion.
- (k) This list of permissions and restrictions, along with the other terms discussed below, is not intended to be complete, but merely illustrative. We reserve the right in our sole and final judgment to determine whether your conduct violates conduct requirements for the website.
- User Accounts
In order to access some features of the website, such as, for example, interactive blogs, you have to login using your Facebook or Google login or become a registered user. As a user, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
- (a) When creating or modifying your account, you must provide accurate, current and complete information. We reserve the right to disallow use of any user name that we deem offensive or inappropriate. You will be responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and for all actions of persons accessing the website through any username/password assigned to you. You must notify AFSCME 3299 immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. You may never use another’s account without permission.
- (b) As a user, you may submit comments on various AFSCME 3299 blogs or other material (collectively, “User Content”) to the website. AFSCME 3299 reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to delete, move, condense or edit such User Content for any reason and without prior notice. AFSCME 3299 also reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user’s access for posting User Content.
- (d) You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content. However, by submitting User Content to AFSCME 3299, you hereby grant AFSCME 3299 a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, perpetual and transferable license to use, reproduce, store, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display your User Content (and your user name, voice, appearance and likeness) in any medium in connection with the activities and operations of AFSCME 3299, its related and affiliated entities and successors, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of AFSCME 3299 website (and derivative works thereof) in any form or media, now known or hereafter devised, in all languages throughout the world. You also give AFSCME 3299 the nonexclusive right to use your name, voice, appearance and likeness, as well as any additional information you have provided about yourself, in any material prepared by or for AFSCME 3299 in any form or media, now known or hereafter devised, in all languages throughout the world. You also hereby grant each user of AFSCME 3299 website a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the website, and to use, reproduce and distribute such User Content for such user’s personal, noncommercial purposes. You understand and agree that AFSCME 3299 may retain, reproduce, distribute and otherwise use for any purpose copies of User Content that has been removed from the website. The above licenses granted by you are perpetual and irrevocable.
- (e) AFSCME 3299 does not endorse, authorize or ratify any User Content, or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and AFSCME 3299 expressly disclaims all liability in connection with User Content. AFSCME 3299 does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its website, and AFSCME 3299 reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to remove any content from the website if notified that such content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights.
- Your Use of Content on the Site
In addition to the restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on AFSCME 3299 website.
- (b) The website is made available for your personal, noncommercial use only. As part of such use, you may display, download and/or print pages from the site; you may link to the website; and you may forward website materials to others for personal, non-commercial uses that are reasonably related to the website’s purposes.
- (c) You understand that when using AFSCME 3299 website, you will be exposed to AFSCME 3299 Content, User Content and other third-party content from a variety of sources, and that AFSCME 3299 makes no warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, safety or intellectual property rights of or relating to such AFSCME 3299 Content, User Content or other third-party content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against AFSCME 3299 with respect thereto.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any AFSCME 3299 Content or User Content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing AFSCME 3299’s Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) for further details):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit AFSCME 3299 to locate the material;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, or that of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
AFSCME 3299’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: AFSCME 3299 Legal Department. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. Please use the Contact Us form for any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other communications with AFSCME 3299.
- Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS.” YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF AFSCME 3299 WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AFSCME 3299, AS WELL AS ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “AFSCME 3299 PARTIES”), DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. AFSCME 3299 PARTIES CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE WEBSITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE. NOR DO AFSCME 3299 PARTIES GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. AFSCME 3299 PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED, ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH AFSCME 3299 WEBSITE OR ANY WEBSITE HYPERLINKED OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING.
- Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL AFSCME 3299 PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE FORESEEABLE, RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE; (V) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (VI) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT POSTED, E-MAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA AFSCME 3299 WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT AFSCME 3299 IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AFSCME 3299 PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OF THE PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY.
You and AFSCME 3299 agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to AFSCME 3299 website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.