We are please to announce two Scholarships available to the families of 3299 members.
The AFSCME Family Scholarship Program will award scholarships of $2,000 to ten applicants. Scholarships will be renewed for $2,000 each year for a maximum of four years provided the student remains enrolled in a full-time degree program at an accredited institution.
- To be eligible for the AFSCME Family Scholarship Program the student must be a graduating high school senior whose parent, legal guardian or financial responsible grandparent is a full dues-payment AFSCME member;
- At the time the scholarship is awarded, be enrolled in a full-time degree program either at an accredited four-year institution or at a two-year institution that will transfer credits to a four-year institution; and
- Have taken the SAT or ACT
Please visit afscme.org/members/scholarships/afscme-family-scholarship for detailed information and to download the application. Applications must be post marked by December 31st.
The Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship Program will award scholarships of $5,000 to two applicants who are currently sophomores majoring in social science. Winners will receive $5,000 per year for their junior and senior years and an opportunity to intern with the Political Action Department.
- To be eligible for the Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship Program the student must be a child or financially dependent grandchild of a full dues-payment AFSCME member;
- GPA of 2.5 or better
- Sophomores majoring in social science (politcal science, sociology, ethnic studies, communications, etc.) at an accredited college or university.
- The student must demonstrate a commitment to social justice and political activism.