Richmond – It has been another victory for rent control, just cause eviction protections, and the voters and renters of Richmond against the notorious meddling of the California Apartment Association (CAA). The CAA retaliated with a lawsuit against the City of Richmond after the voters and renters approved Measure L last November in a landslide victory.Full Story»
As you may have heard, among Donald Trump’s atrocious, government-despising cabinet nominees is Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s CEO Andrew Puzder, a man reportedly opposed to hikes in the minimum wage, and whose company has been implicated in retaliating against workers who tried to organize for better wages.
OAKLAND (BCN)— Business at an Oakland Carl’s Jr. restaurant was disrupted for nearly an hour as dozens of protesters held a rally inside to denounce President Donald Trump’s nominee for U.S. Secretary of Labor, who is the fast food chain’s CEO.
The leaders of the University of California system — unsatisfied with funding provided by Gov. Jerry Brown and the state Legislature and interested in ambitious new initiatives — are seeking significant tuition hikes.
Early skirmishes have begun already on tentative proposals to increase tuition at California’s two massive public university systems for the first time in six years.
More in this category
- Opinion Labor faces strong headwind from a Trump administration — and maybe that’s just the jolt workers need
- Outsourced: In A Twist, Some San Francisco IT Jobs Are Moving To India
- University Of California Administrative Workers To Strike In January
- If We Are Serious About Building Powerful Unions, We Must Look to the Rank and File
- Never mind workers’ rights; Labor nominee doesn’t believe in workers